Next to climate mitigation in cities, the need to increase climate resilience and adapt to resulting risks like flooding or urban heat islands is becoming more and more pressing in many regions of the world. Apart from nature-based and technical solutions, also the right governance approaches and strategies are needed to address these issues. With regards to effective replication and uptake of best practices in the climate area, capacity building is one of the most successful levers and a key pillar within MGI.
- M.Sc. Bioeconomy – University of Hohenheim
- B.Sc. Environmental Science & Hydrology – University of Freiburg
- 2017- today Urban Nature Labs (EU H2020) on nature-based solutions to increase climate resilience
- 2019- today Straße der Zukunft (street of the future) on resource-efficient street design
- 2019 Mobility City Lab Coimbatore
- 2017-2019 Smart Society Academy Initiative