Julio Millan has been part of the MGI project since 2022. As a research assistant, he supports the experts in the implementation of the pilot projects in the City Lab Kochi. Specifically, in the communication with the experts and partners responsible for implementation of a solar panel project, a water treatment system and green infrastructure in Kochi.
He is an economist by training, working on topics at the intersection of international cooperation and environmental governance. He has participated in projects in the fields of innovation, renewable energy policy and adaption to climate change in the Global South.
During his undergraduate studies in Economics in Mexico, he started to take an interest for working in the field of international development and cooperation, leading to pursue his master’s degree in Environmental Governance at the University of Freiburg. This is when he first engaged in a project developing a participatory flood disaster prevention and where adapted coping strategy in Ghana.
- 2020-2022: Master of Science in Environmental Governance at the University of Freiburg, Germany
- Master thesis: “Analysis of flood risk governance in two cities of the Global South (Accra, Ghana and Kochi, India) from a property rights regimes perspective”
- 2015-2019: Bachelor Degree in Economics at the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Xochimilco, Mexico
- 2021-2022: Research assistant of the project PARADeS Participatory Flood Disaster Prevention and Adapted Coping Strategy in Ghana
- 2021: Internship at the Energy Department of the NGO Ecoaction
- 2017-2020: Research assistant at Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana of the Master’s program in Economics, Management and Innovation Policy