- Doctor of Science (DSc), Washington University, August 1992 – January 1997, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSc), Washington University, August 1992 – August 1994
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSc), Universidad de los Andes Bogotá, Colombia – August 1988 – August 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ME), Universidad de los Andes – January 1984 – August 1988
- Professor of the Mechanical Engineering Department at Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Researcher of the Energy and Climate Change Research Group of Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Member of the Mexican System of researchers (SNI) level 2, and the Mexican Academy of Science.
- He has published 3 books, more than 60 indexed papers, has 2 patents conferred, has graduated 8 PhD and 89 MSc students and has completed more than 90 research projects financed by private companies and governmental institutions in Colombia, Mexico, Spain, France, and USA.
- Areas of interest: Energy, Combustion, Vehicular emissions, Air pollution and Smart mobility.